Snow

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Day: 95        Movie: National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

This one i have to admit I had my doubts about. I mean i was never too much of a fan of Chevy Chase's brand of slapstick, but I was pleasantly surprised when one afternoon, having absolutely nothing to do at work last December, I decided  to watch it.

Its got some pretty decent writing including:
"Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
Kiss my ass!
Kiss his ass!
Kiss your ass!"

And "Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

Ok fine, I admit, I'm VERY easily amused, but still, the movie does have its strong points. Chevy plays an Average Joe, with big dreams for the holiday season, which predictably go wrong, with him constantly worrying about his bonus check and struggling to put up his 25,000 Christmas lights, dealing with the yuppie neighbours with their condescending attitude, while still being his big hearted self, pickin up presents for his cousins kids despite the fact that he can barely stand the bumbling mook himself.

Overall its a good watch, plenty of laughs and Christmas cheer... :D


No comments:

Post a Comment